India commences exports of Moringa powder, keeping in mind the rising global demand, because of its nutritional properties
- In a bid to promote Moringa (botanical name Moringa oleifera) products exports from India, APEDA has been supporting private entities in creating necessary infrastructure.
- One of the APEDA registered exporters from Telangana, M/s Medikonda Nutrients has been supported to start the export activities in a planned manner. APEDA has been constantly facilitating the budding exporter for enhancing the Moringa exports from India.
- With more Moringa processing units being created through support of APEDA, the exports would be increasing in the next few years which would bring benefits to the farmers.
- Moringa has been used for centuries due to its medicinal properties and health benefits in various forms. Globally, the demand for Moringa products, such as Moringa Leaf Powder and Moringa Oil, has been witnessing healthy growth.
- Moreover, international organizations and institutions are exploring the best ways on how to use Moringa as a nutritional supplement and in food fortification. There are several species of Moringa across the world. Its usage has been well received among the global consumers for its nutritional, medicinal, culinary uses.
- Ease constipation (fibre),
- Stimulate the immune system,
- Promote weight loss.
- Modern research suggests moringa can help lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and ease other health concerns.
CPCB asks NCR states pollution board and agencies to take immediate and effective steps to control Air Pollution
- In view of deteriorating air quality and likely increase in activities during New Year celebrations, CPCB had issued an order on 23.12.2020 directing Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) and SPCBs in NCR states namely, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, and Rajasthan to ensure the following:
- Hot mix plants and stone crushers shall remain closed all the time till January 02, 2021.
- Frequency of mechanized cleaning of roads and water sprinkling to be increased particularly on the road stretches with high dust generation potential.
- It shall be ensured that guidelines/standard operating procedures for dust mitigation at construction sites are strictly adhered to. In case of violations, strict action should be taken against the violators like imposition of penalty/ temporary stoppage of construction activities.
- Agencies must ensure compliance of orders of Hon’ble Courts and National Green Tribunal regarding banning of sale and use of firecrackers.
Group of Ministers reviews the progress of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- The major EBSB initiatives taken by the partner Ministries/ Departments:
D/O SCHOOL EDUCATION & LITERACY
- 1.55 crore students participated in activities of EBSB as part of school curriculum.
- EBSB clubs formed in 1,46,766 CBSE and other schools
- Over 8 Crore students participated in Kala Utsav Programme at Bhopal, Band Competitions Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, “Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Parv” , Matribhasha Diwas, Bhasha Sangam and various cultural exchanges organized before the pandemic
- EBSB themes taken up through online classes, WhatsApp video calls
- Online Video Series on Indigenous Games of India in coordination with Fit India Cell
- Online Quiz and Essay Competition between paired states
D/O HIGHER EDUCATION
- 15 lakh students from higher education participated in activities of EBSB.
- 5 Youth festivals and 16 students exchange programs were organised.
- More than 980 online activities were carried out under EBSB in HEIs.
- 1488 institutions have set up EBSB Clubs, 809 EBSB Days observed
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav now called as Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat Mahotsav was organised in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh at a grand level.
- 18 Cultural Events, 11 performance-cum-lecdems, Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav– before Covid
- More than 60 online activities by Zonal Cultural Centres
- ASI compiled information about 22 World Heritage sites, 25 other important monuments, Publication on Monuments of 17 states/ UTs and Digital Content Development for monuments of 16 states / Uts
- 5 Books translated and published in the language of paired state by Sahitya Akademi
- Quiz contest through MyGov – each state /UT being focused for 15 days. 2,27,369 people participated
- 61 Dekho Apna Desh webinars organized on various facets of tourism in the country, links on EBSB portal
- 36 Zonal Championships till March 2020 with the unique concept of fielding paired state teams with participation of around 2250 sportspersons.
- Spreading awareness about Indigenous Games like Shooting Ball, Sqay, Mallakhamb, Tug of War, Kalarippayttu, kho-kho through physical and digital medium.
- 35 Documentaries of fifteen Indigenous games namely Gatka, Rollball, Tug of War, Kalarippayttu, Thang-Ta, Kho Kho, Mallakhamb, Shooting ball, Sqay, Kabbadi, Gilli Danda, Sikkim Archery, Chhau & Paika Akhada, Dhoop & Cowrie Khel and Kushti Akhada made and streamed Live on the social media platforms
- Uploaded on the Digital Repository of the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat website, broadcast on DD Sports channel.
D/O Youth Affairs
- 69 programmes till March 2020 with 6956 participants
- Over 1 lakh students participated in Online Activities like learning about cuisine, culture, history, tourism etc. of the paired states through YouTube video/ social media platforms
- Visibility to EBSB through different social media platforms.
- Dekho Apna Desh webinar series of M/o Tourism popularised through media
- DD News – a Weekly 30 minutes program on EBSB theme
- Integrated Communication Programmes and Special Outreach Programmes including exhibitions through Regional Outreach Bureaus.
- Webinars on different themes of EBSB – cultural integration in diversity, traditions and activities, promotion of handicrafts of various states.
- Translation of over 185 songs in the language of partner state by 22 Sainik Schools – over 3754 students participated
- Exchange of information of traditional and agricultural practices of Karnataka in Regional / Geographical factors, agricultural factors, festivals, dress, food and heritage by SSs at Bijapur, Chittorgarh, East Siang, Gopalganj, Jhansi, Kapurthala, Kalikiri, Kunjpura, Nalanda, Rewari, Satara and Tilaiya; 1,132 students participated
M\O Home Affairs
- Cultural Programmes, Nukkad Nataks, Food Festivals organized by CAPF units like Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) ,Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) , Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Assam Rifles, Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Border Security Force (BSF) during Oct’19- Feb’20 in which over 1.12 lakh persons participated
- Central Armed Paramilitary Forces – ITBP, CRPF, CISF and SSB displayed one sentence daily in different Indian languages on their websites for Aaj ka Vakya to promote language learning under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Further, in the public schools and Kendriya Vidyalayas functioning from various ITBP camps, more than 50 quiz competitions / blog competitions in various languages were organized giving exposure to alphabets, songs ,proverbs and 100 sentences in different Indian languages.
- Process of travel concession to Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) participants was simplified. As a special case, the condition of monthly income limit of Rs. 5000/- also exempted for availing concession by the participants of EBSB.